COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on the Site includes:
- Identity Information. We will collect personal information from you if you sign/up register on the Site for an account or make a purchase, register to receive our newsletter, or interact with any customer service feature. This information may consist of your name, email address, postal address and telephone number, and demographic information such as age and gender.
- Account, Login, Purchase, and Shipping Information. We will collect personal information from you if you create an account on the Site, which will include Login details, including your username and password. If you make a purchase, you will be asked to provide some information about yourself, including credit card information and potentially the names and addresses to whom purchases are shipped (if applicable).
- Payment Information. Payments information, including bank details and card details, will be are handled through paypal and Amazon pay, our third-party payment processor. Tidbits Planners does not access or store your credit card information. Paypal and/or Amazon Pay will collect and may retain your credit card information in order to process your payment. We do not control PayPal or their use of your information.
- Product History and Interests Information. When you make a purchase or save certain products, we will also store information on your orders, any “wish list” of products that you create, or products you save as “favorites.”
- Customer Service Requests. The Site may provide functionality which allows you to voluntarily submit request or inquiry forms, including, for example, requests for help with the Site or requests for product information. The Site may also allow you to submit suggestions or comments. These forms may require that you share Identity information, in addition to an order number, a description of your comment or question, or a photo related to your comment or question. Any personal communications that you or a third party voluntarily submits to us in any format, including by email, postal mail, online form, or any other method of communication, may be collected and saved indefinitely in a profile specific to you.
- Sensitive or Special Category Information. We will not process any personal data that includes Sensitive or Special Category Information, such as information that reveal racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, data concerning health or data concerning sexual life or criminal convictions.
Similar to other web sites, we may collect some information automatically and store it in log files. We may use Google Analytics or other third-party analytics providers to collect this information about the Site. This collection may include your IP address, browser type and language, referring/exit pages and URLs, other browser history, platform type, number of clicks, landing pages, cookie information, the pages you requested and viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time. We collect this information and data to better understand our customer base, to more efficiently operate our business, to promote our products and services, and to improve the quality of the Site.
Data From Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys
Personal and other information you may provide when entering contests or giveaways and/or responding to surveys.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Site to:
- To fulfil orders.
- For account administration and to fulfil our terms and conditions with you.
- Administer sweepstakes, promotions, and contests.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and promotions, and other information regarding our website to you.
- Allow comments on the Site.
- Send you a periodic digital newsletter.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site.
- Notify you of updates to the Site.
- Offer new products, services, and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
We may also use other third-party services to assist us in marketing. You may see these as popup features or separate sign-up pages. Those services will collect the information you voluntarily provide so we may provide the services you request.
With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
When you post comments, contributions or other content to the Site, your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity.
We use third party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information about your visits to the Site and other websites that are contained in web cookies to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Adthrive is the current advertising partner for the Site.
We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions you may enjoy.
Other Third Parties
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Sale or Bankruptcy
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Periodically, we may need to include a tracking pixel to monitor the effectiveness of information or materials we share. For example, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. Newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows for an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Site to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. We do not share this information with third parties.
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain optout cookies, plugins, or settings.
The Site may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Site. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Tidbits & Company is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and providing links to products or services available from Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Site may post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to the Amazon listing. This affiliate program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications from TIDBITS and Company by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
POLICY FOR CHILDREN
Tidbits & Company is designed for those 18 years of age or older. Visitors under the age of 18 must have permission from their parent or guardian to use certain features of our Site. This Site is a general audience site and children under the age of 13 are prohibited from using or registering for an account on the Site. We will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13; nor will we send any email correspondence to children under the age of 13. We may ask for your birth date during the registration process in order to verify your age. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will remove that information immediately and delete it from our servers. Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians before providing their information online. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have provided your personal information with the Site, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include sufficient detail about the public post(s) and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Site, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems, nor can we guarantee any cached or archived version of the site will remove such data.